Thursday, October 30, 2008

New Job

EMPLOYMENT at last!

Yesterday I got a call to come in and interview at LA Fitness. I had filled out an app there for a front desk job because, I asked and that's what they said they were hiring at the moment. When I arrived the guy asked me if I would be interested in a different job. When I said," Yes of course" he told me he would hire me as an assistant manager on the sales floor. Basically a sales person with a nice tittle. I will be giving everyone their first personal training session and helping them to set some goals and then sell them some personal training sessions. I told him it sounded like a great fit and that I was interested in the job. Then he said that he said he had seen my app at the front desk and jerked it out of the pile before anyone else could look at it. "Really?", I said. Then I get to the meat of why I was hired.

"I saw that you are a MMA coach" he says. It seems he once went to Elite Combat Sports and still wants to train to be a MMA fighter. He has a great stand up coach who comes to LA Fitness on his break and works with him on striking. As soon as I told him that my strong area was clinching and take-downs and that I would love to join them, I suddenly felt like the job interview was over and I was hired. Before I knew it we had filled out all the papers and I was in. I officially start Monday.

You just never know whats around the corner or what little piece of information is going to take you to your next experiential bus stop. I am really looking forward to this job. The hours and the pay seem great and I will get to workout and do MMA every day. I am not sure I could have asked for more. I have said it before, I will say it again, I live a charmed life.

3 comments:

I am Moses. said...

Awesome!


That is all.

Jennifer said...

Congratulations! This is a well deserved happy moment. I think this will be a good fit for you. I learned a lot about the behind the scenes politics at my gym, so dish me the dirt once you get settled!

Anali said...

To me, it often seems that the best opportunities come when you're looking in a different direction. Congratulations! This sounds like a great fit! You get use all your trained skills, and won't have the constant temptation a game store would present. :-)