Thursday, October 9, 2008

Thor's Day

Well today has been quite the roller-coaster. It was planned to be a bit action packed given that Paula was coming in to visit today. We were both very excited to see her and her plane arrived on time this morning. Trish set out to get her and I had special plans to give the sisters some bonding time by having a boys day with Chris Perry. All was going according to plan as I left the house, the beginning of a seemingly perfect day.

Then I get a call from Trish while I am on the road to the Perry house. She informs me that some rather desperate miscreant has come along and stole my homes plumbing. THAT'S RIGHT, read it again. They came up to the side of the house and cut off the water main and then proceeded to steal the copper pipes that stick out of the side of the house. The whole conversation I was in "No, you got to be kidding" mode. I made Trish repeat the facts several times to make sure she was not in a state of insanity. Me and Chris discussed our ability to go over there and buy some pipes and repair the problem. We were a little hopped up on testosterone and ready to buy a welder but Trish assured me we needed a plumber. A plumber, I might add, to the tune $950.

Now I don't sweat the theft and all. I mean, I was not exactly an angel growing up but, having some yahoo basically vandalize me in order to make about $.50 a foot for my copper pipes but have it cost me $950 bucks to fix seems like a bad crime to payoff to repercussion ratio.

Despite it all though we stayed in good spirits almost to the point of laughing at the absurdity of it all. Me and Chris went to eat at a pizza buffet and he amazed me with his pizza decimating skills. Then we went to a Gamer store and eyed D&D and GURPS supplements that we would one day buy. After getting all primed and ready though we headed back to the house to defeat the 3rd boss mob in Force Unleashed. We are playing the game on the middle hardness setting so this felt like quite the epic conquest. He took us over an hour to figure out but we 0wnzd his @$$ in the end. I left the Perry home feeling well accomplished.

After getting home my "allergy attack" showed its true face and now it seems I am sick with body aches, fervor and sinus drainage galore. The best part was when I decided that I wasn't really sick, I just needed a shower to rev me back up. I can't even do justice with my writing skill as to how it feels to step into a hot shower and vomit pizza and orange juice out and through my nose. The hot steam captured and held the scent of the vomit perfectly. I highly recommend it.

So, here I sit now. Feeling strangely better after crashing in bed for an hour. It was quite a day with all the ups and downs of a good 30 min sitcom. Now I think its time to drink.

2 comments:

kimkipling said...

Wow, I read about the theft through Trish's facebook but what really caught my attention was the vomit part. I myself vomited just recently so I feel your pain. I was not in the shower but it was my first time having vomit go up my nose.

But congrats on your sitcom day!

Shannon Stallard said...

I hate that. I avoid vomiting at all costs just in fear that it will shoot through my nose and leave puke pieces in my sinus cavity. So gross.