Tuesday, October 21, 2008

DEJECTED

That's right boys and girls. Uncle Shannon is in the house and after many rum and cokes I am ready for a little drinking and blogging.

It seems I will NOT be a Sheriff nor shall I be a detention officer. You see, I made the horrid mistake of telling the truth. (Go back and refer to Shannon's Maxims for why) Yes, once upon a time , like 20 fucking years ago, I did a good deal of LSD and yes I am still unrepentant of it. Due to this atrocious act of my youth I am not qualified to watch over the prisoners of the state who sit with no rehabilitation in sight. I am not worthy of being the guardian of mans bastion of moral fortitude NOR am I worthy of being a real paid professional hero. You see, I am unclean. Like a demonically possessed house or a sewage tunnel unkempt by city workers. To this I say...very well. I am neither the best nor the brightest, which is what they are after. I suppose I knew that already.

I ask no repentance for my past. I have no regrets for MY actions. At least now I know where I stand. Unworthy.

So, there. Fuck um.

4 comments:

I am Moses. said...

It's clear that now you have two choices:

1) Become a vigilante. You can right the world's ills while enjoying the little bit of acid still in your system. If you play it right, you can even have technicolor flashbacks while beating a graffiti punk into oblivion with an organic carrot.

2) Become someone's nemesis. Find a corrupt vigilante, superhero, or government official and thwart them at all times. I nominate Joe Arpaio.

Either way, The System pays its dues for dissing you and you still get to save society.

I guess you still need to have a career.

:(

Shannon Stallard said...

Thanks Moses. It was nice to wake up to a smile. You just set my world a little more right.

It does bare mentioning I was more than a little trashed when I wrote that last night though. ;-)

Unknown said...

Seriously, as someone whose job it is to screen prisoner complaints (many, many of which are out of Maricopa County Jails) I can say with great authority that working for Sheriff Joe sounds like the shits, and is a sure fired way to: 1) get attacked (not that you couldn't handle that, but still not pleasant), 2) then get sued, and 3) contract a communicable disease. Have you tried the feds? I don't know what questions they ask on their applications, but I do know that FCI-Phoenix is not such a dump, is safer, and pays better than the county. Also the private prisons (Corrections Corporation of America) are said to pay well.

Anali said...

I also nominate Sheriff Joe - he could use a nemesis.

Seriously - job hunting is easy, if you just want something to pay the bills and you don't care what it is. It's damn hard if you want a CAREER or a PROFESSION. Something that you get passionate about, something that motivates you, something that fulfills you. It's hard to find it, it's hard to recognize it, and sometimes it's something you never would have expected.

Long way of saying - their loss, but keep your chin up, buckeroo!