Tuesday, September 9, 2008

What a Monday

Oh the excitement that filled the air with nervous energy as we got dressed and ready for our first day at preschool. Chris was totally stoked to be going to school and Mommy and Daddy were nervous that they were making their little boy grow up too fast. Breakfast was had with lots of last minuet advice conversation and verbal reassurances that today would be a great day.


When we got to school it became clear fast that we had made the right choice. I hung out with him at class for several hours to insure a smooth transition. The teacher, Miss Parsons, had excellent classroom management skills and a patience level that I can only bask in envy of. Chris is way ahead of them in the reading and math area but he will learn social skills that there is no way I would have even thought of to teach him. He is learning to be in and work well in a group.


Today, Tuesday, as I dropped him off at school I didn't stick around. He had his act together and was ready to just be a regular school kid. I have to say I felt very relaxed and at home dropping him off and being one of the parents. It is a whole new step in Dad'dom that I feel very proud to be a part of. Him going to school opens the door to a time in his life that I feel far more ready to take on than the last 4 years. The older a child is the more qualified I feel to guide and help them.

As minor news from Monday, I seem to have a very minor sprained wrist from beating the heavy bag while doing a dirty boxing drill. Its a little stiff today but should be fine by Thursday or Friday.

Last night as I picked at my teeth I chipped a piece of tooth off the back of one of my front teeth. This left a nice large hole with sharp edges for me to constantly jam my tongue into. Thus today I have a dental appointment for a cleaning and some sort of repair. I have known I needed some dental attention for some time but it has never been a huge priority in life. Now the priority is quite abit higher.