Saturday, September 6, 2008

Preschool

Yesterday me and Trish drove around to many of the local preschools. Due to our timing we mostly saw a lot of kids taking naps but we still got to meet teachers and see facilities. I have to say we saw the full run of the gamut between nice schools and chaos incarnate stuffed into small corridors. At long last, by the end of the day, we had decided on one.



Chris is VERY excited that he will get to go to school. Being a big 4 year old now he wants to do all the things Caillou does on one of his favorite cartoons. Today we will need to go buy a uniform and new school supplies and outfit him for success.



Its all very intoxicating in a way given how much me and Trish love school. We are happy to pass on the love to a new generation. As we do though I cant help but wonder...



WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH US? I CAN'T HAVE MY BOY AWAY FROM ME FOR THAT MANY HOURS IN A ROW. HE IS ONLY 3 YEARS OLD FOR FUCKS SAKE. HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO PROTECT HIM?



But those feelings soon pass and all becomes right with the world again. I am really excited for him and I know he is going to have a ton of fun. I also know that if he doesn't seem ready when he gets there that we can always pull him out and wait another year. He has never been out of our sight for more than a few hours at a time though and I think this will be harder on the adults in the house than the child.

I wonder if a time will ever come in parenting when you don't second guess each thing you do.

1 comment:

Sunshine said...

I really hate this distance between us... I'd love to spend more time with you guys :(