Wednesday, September 3, 2008

My music

I feel a huge disconnection from the radio these days because i can never find the bands I really identify with and love without a major search and rescue effort. Pandora has saved my sanity with regular injections of...

Nitzer Ebb

KMFDM

Lords or Acid

Sister Machinegun

My life with Thrill Kill Kult

The Electric Hellfire Club

Nine Inch Nails

Panzer AG

Starkillers

Clutch


Just typing the names of some of those bands filled me with a sense of relaxation and ease.


I guess what I really miss though is having Lopez around to chat about music with. We always had the best music conversations. He is the only person I know that could even name half the bands I love. I have always cherished him as a BFF but I am not sure if I ever realized till just now how much music went hand in hand with our friendship. We grew and expanded our musical tastes at the same time in life. We explored the same odd corners of the musical world while working in rat holes like The Nile. I miss all night conversations over the depth of a bands lyrics and the social importance of musically expressed dissension. I long for the nigh euphoric rush that comes from a conversation that begins with," Oh MY GOD! Sit down a sec and listen to this new band I just found..."
That is a connection I have never had with any other person and yet, it was every day of our lives for 10 years. I always miss Chris but after writing this I feel as though I am mourning his loss. I think I best call him today.

No comments: