Saturday, March 14, 2009

Fighting like venom

I think if I had super powers I would most enjoy having Venom's abilities. He really does a fine job of blending striking with grappling and having extra tendrils in order to grapple with would give my jujitsu a crazy advantage. I would love a comic where Venom decides to go to a Jujitsu school and improve his combat skills. He would really benefit from joint lock tactics. 

Spider man could use a little more complex technique as well. He is typically a striker who lets his webs do the grappling for him but I can envision him whipping out a bit of web to do some traditional rope fighting techniques.

I don't suppose I will gain spider like powers or host an alien symbiote anytime soon (unlike my wife who does seem to have spider man's shoulder flexibility AND is hosting an alien symbiote at the moment) buy if I did I think I would put the abilities to better use than their comic book originators.

No comments: